Heroes & Cowards is available again! Now it comes in a fully translated (bi-lingual, English and German) Protovision standard box with a thick bi-lingual manual (80 pages) including a Byteriders interview, translucent disk sleeve and a pentagram keychain.
He just wanted a comfy-chiller night in front of his TV when our hero was cast into a distant, medieval world by a mysterious force. The inhabitants of the cozy little country of Dartenwood were turned to stone by nasty magician Morlon - and only the Pentagram of Power can break the spell. However, its rubies are scattered throughout the land ... All of Dartenwood's hopes are now resting on a chosen one who's supposed to get everything under control. By some inexplicable cosmic twist of fate, YOU'RE supposed to be the one! Your journey from zero to hero includes a whole lot of jeopardies and unsolvable riddles - are you up for it? Are you a hero - or a coward?
Over 20 years after their sensational Brubaker, Sebastian Broghammer and Steve Kups celebrate their triumphant comeback on the Commodore 64 in cooperation with Out of Order Softworks and Protovision. "Heroes & Cowards – The Pentagram of Power" is the adventure maniacs' long lost and eagerly anticipated magnum opus.
And what does the media say?
Reset, Issue 8, January 2016
- "It’s certainly the C64’s best adventure since the end of its commercial era"
- "Highly recommended for both adventure lovers and accessible enough for less hard-core adventurers alike"
- "Graphics and sound are both fantastic"
- "The interface is incredibly well designed"
- "The packaging and inclusions are highly impressive and as professional as it gets“
- Reset Ripper!, Score 9/10
Commodore Free, Issue 93
- "Extraordinary point and click adventure“
- "Absorbing, easy to pick up, but difficult to put down.“
- "The packaging is just unbelievable, and I think we expect this now for any machine as a standard to aspire to“
- "Graphics: 9/10, Sounds 8/10, Gameplay 8/10, Packaging 10/10. Overall: 8,5/10.“
Heros & Cowards is for PAL systems only.